Sunday, January 28, 2007

January Birthday Gifts

Item #1: Abah's Birthday Gift Part 1 / At first, me and my sister discussed and came up with the idea to do a bumper 'sticker' of sort and we wanna say, 'GM ON BOARD' but Mak scraped our plan. Never mind. Back up plan then. And this is what I came up with. Initial plan is just to do the VIP bit but while I was sketching the layout, I thought the space on the right would be blank so I wrote something there. Basically, just wishing Abah 54th birthday and saying how he is the most important person in our lives and we love him so much, etc, etc. If you can see it (maybe you have to squint though), you would see that there was a flaw there. I thought it is still 2006 so I wrongly counted Abah's age. He was supposed to be 54 but I put there 53. D'uh! That's why there's that little bit of paper to cover the mistake I made.


Item #2: Banu's Birthday Gift & Abah's Birthday Gift Part 2 / These are pen holders I made for both Banu (left) and Abah (right). Guess what I made them from? Crisp tins! Not the big one obviously. The ones I used here are Jacker's mini tins. I still remembered when I first got the idea to alter those tins into pen holders. The tin was Yana's and she had just finished eating her crisps when I asked for it. Haha... she must have thought I was so weird, asking for the crisps tin. Anyway, I'm not really crazily in love with the one I made for Banu but I guess it will have to do. I have no idea anymore how to make it more presentable. Argh! But I like the punched flowers I put around the bottom and how it seemed to pop out. I learned that trick from Yana, using tissue paper stuck beneath the flowers. Nice eh?

As for the one I made for Abah, I was not even planning to do it. I was quite content with what I had done before (see above) but upon seeing what I did for Banu, Mak insisted on me doing it for Abah. So I thought, why not? I have another crisp tin stashed somewhere and it wouldn't take me long to do it. But guess what? I spent almost half a day doing it! And the presents are supposed to be given that night! I was stressed beyond belief because nothing seems to be right. The first one I made turned out to be so girly that my younger was so shocked upon knowing that I would be giving it to Abah. Believe me, I felt like giving up already. But I took a deep breath and went back to work on it and this is the final product. Pretty good, if I do say so myself. Abah loves it and I'm grateful for that. There's nothing that beats the feelings when the receiver of the gifts loves the gift you made for them, especially the ones you made with your whole heart.

No comments: